Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Whirlpool washing machine (AWM8143) Serial # *****

Customer Question

Hi I have a Whirlpool washing machine (AWM8143) Serial # ***** 0504 025703 installed in November 2005. Very happy with it BUT I had a Lockwood door key in the fob pocket when I washed the strides. Yes it is lost (misplaced) I have checked the bowl, the filter the clothes line 3 times and my concern is what damage the brass key could do. Is there a simple way to check the area's not visible from my view. I am aware of caution in checking the machine.
John M
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it got past the tubs, it will be in the pump filter or the hose that leads from the tub to the pump. Are you able to remove the pump filter for inspection? There should be a small access door in the bottom of the front panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate the answer but - 1. is there an easy way to check the entry into the Lint filter ? 2. to check the discharge hose without removing it? I could not feel the key in the lint filter after doing a general clean. John
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There is an access panel in the lower front corner of the front panel. The breakdown at the link below shows that filter as number 760 on the second page. CLICK HERE