Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a jenn-air jbr2286kes and the temperature freezer

Customer Question

I have a jenn-air jbr2286kes and the temperature for both freezer and fridge says off and won't let me adjust. I've unplugged it but it still won't allow me to change it. I've had this problem about a year ago and I had to reset it but forget how.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Open the Fresh Food door and press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad. The control display should change. Once it does, shut the doors and then you should be able to set the temperatures.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried resetting it by pressing and holding the temp alarm and then the down arrow on the freezer and that seemed to work. However, the same thing has just happened again today and nothing I seem to do can reset it. Any ideas?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the electronic control may be failing. Unplug it for about an hour, any change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not work. Still says "OFF" - is it hard to replace the electronic control?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The main control is mounted in a box beside the compressor. It is shown as number 21 in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE That part is no longer available new and must be sent in for repair. See the link below. CLICK HERE