Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

My Samsung washer WF210 does not drain properly. there are

Customer Question

My Samsung washer WF210 does not drain properly. there are no error codes. the first load of laundry seems fine, after the second there is a small amount of water left in the tub, and the water remaining increases with additional loads. I drain the water after each load at the filter drain. the drain pump and all hoses have been checked and appear fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an appliance expert here and I can help you today. Have you tied first removing the drain hose from the stand pipe and letting it drain into a large pale or closely sink if you have access to one?If not, then I would first recommend doing this. It might be a pain in the neck to get to the drain hose but it is important to do. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
And please let me know where exactly the drain hose is emptying?
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
If the plumbing that the drain hose is emptying into is either clogged or backup in any way, it can slow the drain process. And that would happen more and more as the washer is used. Which could be the reason why there is more water left over after each cycle. And sometimes if the drain hose is stuck down into the standpipe the drain hose could cause a syphon effect which would allow the water after being drained to flow back into the washer. This is actually very common. especially if there is no air release on your drain hose or standpipe.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Please check that and get back to me here and I will explain more.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Oh, one last detail. If you haven't done so already please clean the the drain filter by the small drain tube at the bottom front of the washer. If that filter is clogged that could also be the reason for the poor drain. Just untwist the cap and keep a bowl there to catch the water as it comes out. then remove the filter inside and clean it out and put it all back together and test it out. If it fully drains then you are all good. If not, then please let me know and we will go over a few more things.