MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

The touchpad panel on my refrigerator model MFX2571XEW0 doesn't

Customer Question

The touchpad panel on my refrigerator model MFX2571XEW0 doesn't respond but it looks like it senses when touching. The other switches on the outside work just not the pictures on the panel. is there some way to maybe reset the panel? Kind of like a computer reboot?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
The only 'reboot' is to unplug this- it's not a computer where you can push this or that to restore it to working condition. More than likely the problem is within that part and you cannot reset a broken part any more than you can reset a burned out light bulb.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that was the first thing I tried. So even though the display is lit, appears to be functioning and senses a touch, there is nothing short of replacement?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. The whole assembly is sold on this- not just a single part. part# ***** and it's about $500-- yes, $500.