Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a kitchen aid with an in door ice bucket. The release

Customer Question

Hi. I have a kitchen aid with an in door ice bucket. The release isn't working and I can't get the ice bucket out if the door. I've run hot water through it. My fear is that its incorrectly on the door or otherwise jammed. Any ideas how to get the darn thing off. Also the ice would not come out of the door even though I can hear a motor.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? If the ice container release button is not working and it is not frozen ,you will have to force the container off the door ,the best way is to push on one side then the other and hopefully unlock it that way..and if you can hear the dispenser motor then yes it probably is not on the door correctly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It that were possible, I would of solved the problem before I sent a note. Any other suggestions?
forcing it is the ONLY other way to get it off if the release is NOT working !!
there is no hidden button or reset button if the latch release does not work the container has to be forced off the door .end of story
If you can not force it off ,I would recommend calling a service call to have a professional look at it