Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

How do I remove my dishwashing machine and seal up the holes

Customer Question

How do I remove my dishwashing machine and seal up the holes on the wall behind it where mice are coming from? I am attaching pictures of it. I dont know much about plumbing and electrical. I would like a step by step and a youtube video with a press that would be like with the one for my machine. THnk you

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.Can you open the door and give me the model number from the tank face frame please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not there : (

I will just be there on Saturday and ir is when I am going to get it fixed.

Is it crucial that you have the model number?

Not all dishwashers are installed the same. nor the access panel removed the same.Everything on an appliance is done by the model number. But on most If you open the door at the top of the door you will have or should have two bracket the screw the top of the dishwasher to the underside of the counter top.And below the door you will have an access plate or some have two ,remove the plate / plates .turn the water off the the unit should be one of the valves under the kitchen sink.And then you can remove the water supply line under the dishwasher most are on the front left corner.Then you will need to turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher. then you can disconnect the electrical supply line to the dishwasher ,normally on the front right corner in a small metal box ,you will need to remove the cover to disconnect the electrical to the dishwasher .then you will need to find the drain line/hose and disconnect it also .The water line and the electrical line and drain line could be wrapped around the frame of the dishwasher so slowly pull it out watching under the unit not to pull the electrical or the water supply and or drain line that may be caught on the frame.Once all three have been removed and moved away so as not to get caught on the frame the dishwasher can then be rolled out into the kitchen floor giving you access to the wall behind the dishwasher.I hope this helps you , if you have any questions just reply back.and please remember when rating me that I was working blind here with out knowing which of the several hundred Frigidaire dishwasher models that are out on the market that you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A youtube video would be ideal : )
I will send you the right model number by this afternoon, ok?
I need to fix it tonorrow

I doubt that there is a Youtube video on uninstalling a dishwasher!Yes later will be fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is the model:

Frigidaire ultra quiet 111

it looks like there several videos on it on you tube. I have a language barrier sometimes so a video would also be helpful : )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi sir

Hello do you still need assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I gave you the right model number. I said I needed to do it by Saturday. You did not give me an answer in time. You made me not be able to fix it. You could have not answered the question so someone more responsible would

This ((Frigidaire ultra quiet 111)) IS NOT a model number!
And I believe Saturday was oh lets see a NATIONAL HOLIDAY!! I did not work on Saturday!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You answered me like a kid who doesn't behave well to his parents.

Please check back out conversation. I mentioned I was going to answer you that same day cuz I needed it to be fixed tomorrow. You acknowledged it