John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a maytag washer.mod#mvwb725bw0.I can get it to

Customer Question

I have a maytag washer.mod#mvwb725bw0.I can get it to turn on.Dial works great.The right side of the display works great.the left side display is flat lining.3 flat lines only.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. The problem is you have two components that can cause this or as it seems .Can you better explain ?The unit does in fact work for a entire complete cycle ,just the lights on the left side do you mean the time display?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unit just turns on that's it.dial lites up and rotates to other cycles ok.the right of the dial lights up to.left of the dial just shows three flat lines only.unit will not turn on

ok to the left of the dial is the four digit time display window .I will have to assume that user interface has failed .here is a link ti the part .http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Cntrl-Elec/W10536856/3021467?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Once I get the control,do I have to program it?

You have to calibrate it to your model yes. Those instructions come with the new part ,it just consist of turning the dial one way then the opposite way.