MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

My oven keeps beeping reason f1 comes up

Customer Question

my oven keeps beeping for no reason f1 comes up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
model#?Error codes do come up for a reason- it just is not obvious to you why it is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
amana self cleaning oven not sure of model #
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it only happens when the oven is off. If the heat is on or it is cleaning it doesn't beep. We have tried shutting power off and waiting 60 seconds in hopes of it rebooting but that didn't work.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
This typically indicates failed oven control. IF your model has a separate touchpad that plugs into the control then that could cause it too, so all you need to do is unplug it from the control and see if the F1 comes back or not as that will indicate which part has failed here. You will need to get a model# ***** you plan on getting parts as they cannot be located otherwise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i could not figure out how to unplug it. We could not find where the plug was so we shut it down at the main power switch.
it is model aoes3030ss
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where would i find the plugs to the touchpad. The beeping is about to make me crazy!!
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
If there is no ribbon connector that connects it to the board then this has NO separate touchpad. Any connections are on the control and easy to see.