Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have just installed a GE dishwasher model number GFD540HGD6BB.

Customer Question

I have just installed a GE dishwasher model number GFD540HGD6BB. I followed the instructions to the letter and I have water, power but the door will not latch closed, if have checked for obstruction and there are none, the door is working properly, how do I get the door to latch
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
This sounds like a problem with the door catch
Is the machine new?
Is it standing level?
Can you re check the model number as that one is not listed
Thanks
Rob