John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Older Maytag washer filling tub completely and running over.

Customer Question

Older Maytag washer filling tub completely and running over. Help me find the source of the problem so I may ordfer a part(s) Thanks! Ben
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. You have a defective pressure switch .It will need to be replaced.here is a link to the part .http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pressure-Switch/22206223/1362?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I will order that part and try it BUT how do we know that it is nt the punp and/or the intake valve as well, please? Ben
the pump has nothing to do with water coming into the washer .and if it is a water valve the only way you will get the water to stop filling is to turn the water supply off .You did not say you could not get it to stop filling ,is that your issue?Or does it just overflow ,you turn the timer off and the water stops?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot get it to stop filling so it overflows. The timer appears to be finished with the cycle yet continues to fill and overflow. Ben
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The link for the pressure switch that you gave me shows that the part is BACKORDERED. Can you suggest another source, please? Thanks, Ben
sure!Here is another one http://www.appliancezone.com/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=3644You can purchase the part from any appliance parts dealer.