MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Good afternoon I have a Frigidaire Professional bottom

Customer Question

Good afternoon I have a Frigidaire Professional bottom mount and was dispensing ice when the whole fridge shut down? If you have any ideas could use the advice I have a toddler and an infant in the house.
Thanks :)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
This is not going to be fixed without replacing parts. There is no reset or easy way to get this running right now, so you may as well start making arrangements for your food. If you are still interested in continuing with a diagnosis then post back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im trying to figure out why after dispensing the ice the fridge completely shut down? I pulled out the ice holder and noticed there was a piece of a wire frozen in the ice, it appears to be connected to the top of the ice machine.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
That's what I thought happened. Your icemaker needs to be replaced as well as the main board that is underneath the fridge at the front left area. That wire shorted out when it touched the metal auger in the ice bucket and that ruined the board. This will not work until the parts are replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any ideas sir as the cost of the board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does the board and the ice maker have to replaced at the same time?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
I need the model# ***** that- what you posted is not one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # *****
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
I'll have that shortly- getting ready to eat dinner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no problem thank you!
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
board-###-##-#### ***** $125 i/mkr-###-##-#### ***** $80Ebay usually has the best prices, so if you can wait a few days then you may save yourself a few bucks over going to a local supplier. A rating is appreciated for the help as that is the only way I get paid what you pledged for the answers to your problem.