Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My Kenmore Elite OAsis Dryer has been drying clothes fine all

Customer Question

My Kenmore Elite OAsis Dryer has been drying clothes fine all day but now it has stopped and won't turn back on. F1 comes up on the panel. What does that mean and can I easily fix it?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model 110.67032600
serial MW2408052
type: DSSA-ELE-2406025-EL54
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you call me?(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Yes I`m here ,but you are not the only customer that I `m helping today.The F1 error code is a main electronic control board fault.You will have to replace the main electronic control board.I do not participate in the live call option .I work from my business , I do not work in a just answer office.Here is a link to the main control board that will need to be replaced. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10111617/1470202?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.
the only fix for an F1 error code is to replace the control board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is for whirlpool not my model.
Whirlpool manufactured this Kenmore product for SEARS .that is why the part comes up Whirlpool.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if we bought that part, what are the instructions to install and switch out the old one and are you sure this is the part we definitely need?
That is very easy ,very simple.just Unplug the dryer from the wall outlet .tilt the dryer forward and remove the top small long console rear cover ,the control board is right in the console remove the wire harnesses off the old board one at a time install on the new board after all the wires are on the new board remove the old board should be one or two screws ,remove the old board from the dryer ,and mount the new board on the dryer ,replace rear console cover ,tilt dryer back down plug the dryer in and test the dryer.