Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Lg washer no power checked other power machine has power

Customer Question

lg washer no power checked other power machine has power
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.There are 2 parts that can cause this unit to act completely dead if you're sure the washer is getting power from your house. Either the noise filter assembly has failed, or the main control board has failed. Both of these parts are located inside the control panel, so you need to test the noise filter. Below is a picture of the noise filter you need to locate inside the control panel. There is a white and a red plug in on this filter. Check all the wires on the red side and one of them should have 120 volts. On the white end one of them should have 120 volts. If one side has 120 volts but the other side does NOT have 120 volts, then you have a bad filter board that will need to be replaced. Otherwise, you'll need to order and replace the main control board because it's shorted for some reason.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?