Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE profile performance oven Model # ***** that

Customer Question

I have a GE profile performance oven Model # ***** that giving me trouble. Control panel/ keypad issue. (I think) The oven isn't reading the temp setting and allowing oven to come up to the temp degree setting. I had the circuit board replaced about a month ago, now this. Do you think I should get new oven are try to replace this 400/500.00 keypad?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Can you explain your issue a bit clearer please so I can determine what the problem actually is? What do you mean by "The oven isn't reading the temp setting and allowing oven to come up to the temp degree setting"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"The oven isn't reading the temp setting" : If I put the oven on 400 degree's ...the oven never reached that temp. How do t know this, I have placed the oven on 450 degree's and the oven should be super HOT! Not so, just mildly warm at best.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK well that would have absolutely nothing to do with the touchpad. That would be either a bad main control board or one of your elements has failed. You'd need to test all the elements for continuity with a multimeter and if they all check good, hopefully you can still return the board and get a new one because it sounds like it came faulty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me ask you this, is the control board and the circuit board the same? Reason asking I had the circuit board replaced about a month ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they are the same thing. I understand you had it replaced which is why I said "hopefully you can still return the board and get a new one because it sounds like it came faulty."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you think that might be a main problem for the oven?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the oven isn't heating right then you're looking at a bad control board, a bad element, or a bad oven sensor. As I mentioned before you need to test the elements for continuity to make sure they are good. Other than that, this is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you....
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem and I wish you only the best.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?