Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Yesterday morning, my GE side by side freezer refrigerator

Customer Question

Yesterday morning, my GE side by side freezer refrigerator quit cooling. The digital display flashes zeros then, the zeros scroll across the screen, The unit is 6 years old.
MODEL #GSL25LGTB BS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
This error means that the display board isn't communicating with the main control board properly. You can't really test for the error code, but it means that either one of your 2 boards is faulty (it would be a guess as to which one), or you have a bad connection going through the door hinge on the freezer door. Remove the cover on your door hinge and disconnect the wire connection. Unplug the refrigerator and try to clean out the pins in the connection with a toothbrush and if you still have problems, I'd replace the display board first. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.