Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have Lg washing machine wm1355hw, and it shows IE error,

Customer Question

We have Lg washing machine wm1355hw, and it shows IE error, we have checked valves, kinked hoses, water pressure, etc and everything seems ok, except main wash valve not getting 110 volts, only 82 approx. so we replaced the main board part # *****
After running QC test everything went ok, at step 5 main wash valve responded, but after first washing cycle we got same problem IE error, and main wash valve does not let water in, and on top of that, now the machine turns on by itself, and starts filling with water. We unplugged from outlet and water stops entering into the drum, so we assume the valve is not the problem. The board is sending voltage to the inlet valve, after the machine turns on by itself.
Any help will be apperciated
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for my answer
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like there is something that is damaging the control. I suspect something is shorted and when it is energized, it causes issues with the main control. It will not be easy to track down which component it is, though. You can test each component for a short to ground with a meter. Beyond that, there is little you can do for testing with the control not working.