Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a used washer I want to bring in the house & use. However,

Customer Question

I have a used washer I want to bring in the house & use. However, I want to test the spin cycle to be sure it works before I switch washing machines. We have electric run to it & it shows current in all cycles except when we get to spin it is silent. Does it have to have water pressure to make it spin??? Whirlpool LSR8433KQ0
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The washer does not need water pressure to make the washer spin. If it runs through the cycle like normal and stops at the spin cycle, that means the washer doesn't think the lid is shut. Make sure you have the lid shut and if so, the lid switch below the outer shell of the washer will need to be replaced.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?