Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Dear Whirlpool I have a model G17FVCXWY00, s/n KY3141288We

Customer Question

Dear Whirlpool I have a model G17FVCXWY00, s/n KY3141288
We have a frost build up problem between the door and the icemaker dispenser. There is a nice soft gasket on the door that matches to the icemaker opening. There is frost that builds up around the gasket on the door side and also on the face of the icemaker outside of the gasket. It appears as though the small door at the end of the dispenser is closing firmly, we closed the left door with a dollar bill under the gasket and when pulled out it brings the gasket out of line with it so it should be tight.
Any ideas on where we go from here? could send pictures if that would help, don't have ones with frost right now.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
For frost to form, warm moist air must be entering and condensing on a cold spot
Although you have tested the door seal in this place, you need to look ALL the way around all four sides of the door seal. Check there are no gaps anywhere
Thanks
Rob