Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Im jim. I have an lfc25776st that does is not cold. light

Customer Question

Hello im jim. I have an lfc25776st that does is not cold. light is on and gauges are reading. purchased jan 2011 and no one will service in my remote location. thought the motherboard was bad - replaced it - still not working. tested the compressor windings and i get only one that shows any ohms (fluctuates) the other two pins i get nothing on the ohms nor any resistance. this fridge uses the invertor compressor. would the issue be the invertor board or the compressor?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The compressor itself is your problem and would need to be replaced. The way inverter refrigerator works is that no matter which combination you test on the compressor, (there are 3 pins which means there are 3 possible combinations total), you should get the same reading on all 3 combinations. If that isn't occurring, you have a bad compressor so the compressor would need to be replaced which is probably not something you can do yourself since you need a license and brazing torches and stuff like that. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was afraid yould say that. Thanks for the confirmation.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem and I'm sorry about the bad news.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?