John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

On my gas stove KGCC506RBL01 I have installed a(###) ###-####harns

Customer Question

On my gas stove KGCC506RBL01 I have installed a(###) ###-####harns all igniter come on its ok but one burner will not make that burner ignite call if you can (###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.I`m more then happy to assist you ,but I do not participate in the live call option. due to I work from my own appliance repair business and not a Just Answer officeThe harness that you replaced it the burner switch harness. before you replaced this harness did you have the same issue of this one burner not sparking / igniting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No all igniter were going on at one time, that was when I change the harness.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the new harness have one bad switch
ok any burner you turn on all burners should spark but only the one that you have turned the knob (gas Valve ) will actually light.Is that still the same just the one will not light the flame?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I know they will , call me(###) ###-####
I do not participate in the live call option I work from my own business not in a Just answer office
And the live call cost YOU more money
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
This one burner that does not light via the spark can you lite it with a lighter or a match?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I can, the burner I turn on will not lite with that burner, the other burner knob will ignite that burner.
ok so we need to clarify ,when you turn the burner knob just that one burner does not spark but the other ones do? Or when you turn that one burner knob no igniters spark at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes just that one burner does not spark
ok so you either have a igniter that is faulty or the spark module itself is faulty for that one burner and that can happen but not very often .when you had the cooktop apart and replaced the burner harness did you see any loose wires on the spark module?and if you still have it apart you can try swapping the other lead with this one to see if the issue travels to the other burner if it does then it is a spark module issue.
this model has two short igniter leads and to long leads depending upon which lead it is swap the other lead to see if the issue moves to the other if it does it is the igniter lead that need replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will look
ok no problem if you need the part number of the igniter please let me know if it is the short or long lead .II can give you part nubers of anypart on the unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks I will
ok will wait to hear back from you. let me know what you find even if you find some thing simple like a loose wire.