John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Samsung refridgerator(model#RS265TDWP/XAA),

Customer Question

I have a Samsung refridgerator(model#RS265TDWP/XAA), that is almost 2 years old. Just recently, the ice maker is no longer producing ice(water is not filling into the dispenser tray). Water dispenses fine from the water dispenser. 1) I have changed the water filter but the ice maker still does not dispense water in the freezing tray(water dispenser still works).
2) I took off the lower back panel to test the water inlet valves with my multimeter, and I noticed the valves electrical prongs are encased as one piece(i.e. I can't test them). Looking online, it looks like you can pull off the electrical connectors off of the prongs for other inlet valves(to test for continuity), but the Samsung connectors/prongs are one piece and cannot be tested.
First question: Is there another way to test the water inlet valves for continuity for this particular Samsung refridgerator model? Or are these particular valves not meant to be tested and just replaced?
Second question: Is it abnormal for a water inlet valve to fail after only a couple of years?
Third question: If it's abnormal, is it more likely that the actual ice maker needs to be replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?
If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.
Thanks Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob, yes, I still need assistance, thanks!
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I have put a call out for the schematics of this machine
While Im waiting Ill opt out.
This means that if someone else has this information, they will respond to you directly.
In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as this will lock your question
Thanks
Rob