Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Thermador Slide In range model #RDSS30. The instrument

Customer Question

I have a Thermador Slide In range model #RDSS30. The instrument panel is very dim. I can still read the time and temp if I am an inch away.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this is just a common way for the display board to fail. The capacitors and resistors just changes values over time and then the display dims out. You'd need to replace the display board to fix this issue. and since the display board isn't made anymore, you can send the part to a place like ApplianceTimers.com or Core Centric Solutions to have the board refurbished. The refurbish costs about $175-200 normally. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - So it sounds like having am appliance repair person come out, will not do the trick. I am selling my house and need to get this repaired fast. I will contact one of the companies you suggested above and try to take care of this. Appreciate your assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Alright no problem and I wish you only the best.