Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a MDE8600AYW. Wife said the dryer was not always heating. She could put it on timed

Customer Question

I have a MDE8600AYW. Wife said the dryer was not always heating. She could put it on timed dry instead of sensor dry and it would work sometimes. Now it does not heat on any setting. I tested the heating element and it it reading about 9 ohms so it should be OK, right? Where do I go next? The Item 12? How do I check that? Your thoughts are appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the unit used to heat sometimes on timed dry and not at all on sensor dry, your contact inside the timer is failing and not sending a good signal and it's finally worn out completely. You'll now need to order and replace the entire time to fix the issue which is part 7 or 7A on the diagram in the link below. There is apparently a serial break so you'll actually need to contact the parts store by phone to determine which of the 2 you need for your model and serial number. CLICK HERE for diagram We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.