Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

When the washer transitions from one cycle to another, (esp

Customer Question

when the washer transitions from one cycle to another, (esp going from filling to agitate) the motor does not start and it hums then trips the breaker. when I leave it and try later it sometimes works
Whirlpool ultimate care 2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find the full model number
when it is in a transition between fill and agitate,
sometimes if I give the washer a punch right near the timer dial it will kick on and complete the cycle with no further problem.
I`m assuming the unit is a top loader.If so open the lid and under the lid at the rear of the opening in the top panel is the model /serial tag.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks!
model #lsq8200hq0
Thank you!From what you are saying I have to suspect that the timer has a bad contact in it and will need to be replaced. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/3953545/777156?ss=-x33393533353435&mr=0?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.