Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Profile easy touch dryer that will not start. The control panel lights up fin

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile easy touch dryer that will not start. The control panel lights up fine, but the start switch only clicks as if it were going to start, but it does not start. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So the first thing you need to check is your belt to make sure it's not broken. The belt triggers a belt switch so if it broke or fell off, the motor won't rub because power to the motor is cut out. To check the belt, you'll need to take the dryer apart. Unplug the dryer and open the dryer door. Remove the screws going up through the top of the doorway into the top panel and then the top panel will pull up in front and hinge up and off. Now you can remove the screws coming in from the inside of the dryer on the right and left side to release the front panel. Remove the front panel and if the belt is broken or fallen off, replace it. Other than that, check the door switch with a multimeter to make sure it's still working. If that all checks good, you're looking at a bad control board or a bad thermal fuse. Part 507 on the diagram in the link below is the thermal fuse. Test continuity through this part behind the drum and if it's open, replace it. If it has continuity, you'd need a new main control board. CLICK HERE for diagram We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.