Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I just closed down this page accidentally. I have a viking

Customer Question

Hi. I just closed down this page accidentally. I have a viking fridge DFBB563R. Last night the door did not close properly. the alarm went off. My husband closed the alarm and the door, but it di not cool overnight and has not cooled yet. Note we had a party yesterday and the fridge was pretty stocked. The freezer is working fine. Lately the light has been acting funny too and only lights turn on randomly upon opening the door
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The door being left open has caused frost to build and it has likely plugged the air flow routes. It will need to be totally thawed, leaving the doors open and the unit off for 24 hours to allow a full internal thaw. The most common issue with the lights are poor connections. Make sure the bulbs are secure and replace if they are questionable.