Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Galaxy side-by-side refrigerator. We (and the prior owner) has problems with the

Customer Question

I have a Galaxy side-by-side refrigerator. We (and the prior owner) has problems with the freezer constantly needing to be defrosted. Today the inside of the door (shelves) were frozen to the ice storage tray. How do we fix this? I downloaded the manual but didn't see anything in there about this issue. We have the freezer setting to the lowest number to try and prevent this.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, if the inside and food has ice/frost on it you have an air leak. Try using a blow dryer and heating the seal up all the way around. Remold it all the way back to the frame. If that does not fix the issue, the door seal would need to be replaced because it's letting air in. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you