John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an RS 2545SH Samsung Fridge and I unplugged it to clean the flo

Customer Question

I have an RS 2545SH Samsung Fridge and I unplugged it to clean the floor underneath and wipe down the top and clear the dust off the fins on the bottom right rear side. I have done this regularly. Except now, when I plug it back in I get the bar in the middle of the second "8" indicating a defrost error code according to the manual. I have reset the panel by pressing the two power buttons but the temperature on the fridge side will not go above 55 degrees even in the power setting. Can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, do you have a volt meter? You have a faulty part if you are getting the defrost error code. A component of the defrost cycle is broken.Do you have a volt meter? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I do. I am an electrical engineer. I have just about everything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Within 24 hours? For an emergency detailed response? Did you happen to notice it is a refrigerator? Surely you are joking...for not that much more I can have a technician in my house in four hours and may actually fix it rather than telling me what may be wrong.Why don't you forget I asked and I will cancel my payment with American Express. Don't bother....your services are a joke.