Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am trying to defrost my freezer Model MQF1656TEW01. My book

Customer Question

I am trying to defrost my freezer Model MQF1656TEW01.
My book does no
t mention the pan at the bottom. What is
its function and how is it removed (if necessary)?
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
First, you never remove the pan at the bottom. That is where the defrost water collects and then the heat of the compressor will evaporate the water over time on it's own since the compressor gets hot. This freezer should defrost normal frost build up on it's own, but if the door was left cracked open, you may need to manually defrost it so you can either unplug the unit for 24 hours or remove everything out and use a hair dryer to thaw everything out faster. Remove the screws going into the lower back panel INSIDE the freezer and thaw all the frost out behind this panel as well. Be sure to unplug the freezer before you defrost the unit. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?