Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have an old maytag dg308 dryer. The first problem was when

Customer Question

.I have an old maytag dg308 dryer. The first problem was when I turned it on it made a loud humming sound but did not run. I tested the door switch, the timer, and decided to replace the motor. The new motor did not have the same wire setup. I followed the placement of the color wires to the information given to me for the motor. The machine will not not even hum but I know it is getting power because I can hear the timer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?
If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.
Thanks Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I do still need help. I believe the newmotor is defective too. I've ordered a replacement. If you have another idea let me know. Was thinking maybe there was some cut off switch. I did blow the house fuse when I first installed the new motor. I did not read all the wiring instructions. I needed to change the connector from the dryer to an insulated connector and I didn't so the connection was arcing and blew the house fuse at the box. Not sure of I blew any other fuses inside the dryer or motor. I did check the timer, thermo fuse, door button with an ohms meter and they at fine. Any other siggestions?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
If the old one was just humming ,then this would indicate a defective motor.
If the new one doesnt even make a sound, then I agree, it sounds like this is faulty straight out of the box
Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob