Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 1934 G.E. Refrigerating Machine made in Schenectady

Customer Question

I have a 1934 G.E. Refrigerating Machine made in Schenectady NY FCA-2-F16 #46-734-170. It still runs every day and the insideis in very good condition. The Outside is in fair to good condition for its age. It has been in my family for over 40 years and has been moved 6 times. I defrost it regurlarly. Does this machine have any historical monitary value?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Older refrigerators don't have a lot of value due to the older systems and freon used to run them an how inefficient they are. Now the shell of this unit can be used and there are retro companies that will re-insulate and change out the sealed system with one of the modern sealed systems as well as re-paint and re-furbish the unit and sell these units for thousands ($5,000-$15,000) depending on what is done and such, but without being refurbished the unit may be worth $1000 at most for someone looking for the shell to refurbish the unit or someone wanted a retro look for their house and doesn't worry about the efficiency and such.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?