John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a hood fan model HS36BS with a bad motor. does # *****

Customer Question

I have a hood fan model HS36BS with a bad motor.
does # ***** motor fits on this model?
If not where can I find a motor.
Thanks
Yves
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Using the model number you list for your hood, I can not find any info for a blower motor. Doesnt even show on the exploded view diagrams. Do you have the part number for your blower motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
D2E146-ET65-08
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Where did you get that part number from? Let me check that and I will get back to you.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but that doesnt come back as a good number at all either. I will call themrador in the morning to try to research this more but that will take some time. Please assure me that you would like me to do that by giving me a positive rating below this chat now. And I will continue researching this for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the sticker of the module.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
May I ask what country you are in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NB, Canada
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Okay, Just checking. I should have full access to the Canadian models. But nothing comes back as a good number for your model. This will usually happens when the hood is discontinued. Which I am afraid is happening now. But I will know for sure tomorrow when I call them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the sticker on the hood fan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I go on the thermador web site we could see a motor like my old one. But are the connections the same??
The model # ***** ***** 600FThanks...
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
I dont get a motor coming up at all on my exploded view diagrams. Thats a different model. But I will definitely check it out.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Vtn is a down draft vent. This should not work on your model range hood. They are completely different hood styles. I will call for your exact model in the morning. And get all the info we need for your replacement motor. if there is one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any news from thermador???
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
The last three times I have tried to call them I have just been on hold for more then 20 minutes. One of those times I actually spoke with some one for one brief second and then got disconnected. Of course they were in the middle of checking the part info and diagrams. I will try again tomorrow or the next day and get back to you here when I have the info. Any info.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks...
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
You got it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never had the final answer from thermador ???