Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have Maytag Gemini electric range(two ovens). serial no

Customer Question

I have Maytag Gemini electric range(two ovens). serial no 8114P732-60(12-99-00)
I have some list of problems.
1. Electronic control board
(a) I could not hear beep sound(means cannot control) for upper oven except KEEP WARM option.
(b) Lower oven is operable but temperature button except except 1 and 2 do not respond. It means that I can cook any temperature readings made of number 1 and 2. For example 122 or 111 or 221 etc.
(c) Timer is not responding.
2. Out of 4 Ceramic Surface heating units one small unit is not working.
It seems like I need to replace the electronic control. Where can I buy or get service and what would be the estimate of the repair.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it's going to cost roughly $600 to fix this unit. Do you want to put that much into it? The control alone is going to be $400-500 bucks. The burner is roughly another $100. You need a new control board for sure. It's the only thing that would cause the button issue. The burner could be bad or the switch behind the knob. You would need to test the element for 220v to determine if the switch or burner has failed. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am satisfied with the result.
Good deal. Happy to help. I'm not credited until you use the star rating system at the top of the screen. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you