Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

I have a Whirlpool ADG 7460 which has been given to us and

Customer Question

hi i have a Whirlpool ADG 7460 which has been given to us and was definitely working before. after fitting it, making sure the water is on I started it in rinse mode and it filled with water and stopped with a constant beep and 4 intermittent green lights flash. There is water in the bottom of the machine. Have tried looking up error codes and made sure no kinks in the waste hose outlet. I can't even get it into engineer mode :( Can you help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi 4 flashes is a draining error code. Were does the waste hose go to?Is it under the sink?If so pull the hose off and aim it into a bucket and restart it and see if the water pumps out from there then.If it does then remove the spigot it pushes onto and check there isn't anything stuck in there or a stopper is in there as if there wasn't anything attached to this then the end will be either capped or theres a stopper in there so check that and see what you find and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Dan, it goes into the p pipe under the sink secured with a jubilee clip. I'm going to try taking off the waste hose and see if it will empty into a bucket. Interestingly the previous dishwasher did similar and we thought it too was broken hence the replacement.

Will let you know how I get on.

Does the four flashing lights relate to the outlet hose just out of interest?

Vanessa

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi no worries check it out and see what you find. 4 flashes just means the water hasn't drained out so can be a few things. Either a blocked pump or drain hose or a faulty pump. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the swift response Dan. Ive removed the outlet hose and cleared a load of gunk in the p bend where the outlet pipe enters. I now need to get the dishwasher to drain as it is stuck in fault mode. I have turned it on and off, unplugged it but its still in fault mode. Any ideas to try and drain it without taken the panel off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, I've just seen one of your previous answers to manually drain this via the pump situated behind the plate under the door?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Sorry for the delay.
If it's still in fault mode then to reset It you need to press and hold the start button for several seconds and this will reset the control board and pump the water out from there.
Regards