urelectrician
urelectrician,
71008832

Samsung dryer turns on but doesn't spin. Could this mean the

Customer Question

Samsung dryer turns on but doesn't spin. Could this mean the wires are crossed? I went from 4 to 3 wire. One the dryer from left to right. It's black red white. One the wall it's left to right. Red white black.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  urelectrician replied 1 year ago.

Hello.....my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!

1) At the dryer cord connection located at the back of the dryer, the white neutral from the cord needs to terminate to the middle screw terminal on the dryer frame.

The Black or the Red can terminate to either the left or right most screw terminals. Does not matter the position of the black or red (either one can be left or right most). But the white neutral must terminate to the middle screw terminal.

2) Did you jumper the dryer frame ground screw to the dryer frame neutral screw terminal using a 10 AWG Copper jumper wire or a copper strap?

3) Was the dryer relocated and that is why migrating from 4 wire to 3 wire?

4) What is the NEMA rating of the dryer receptacle? A 10-30R or a NEMA 14-30R? The NEMA rating will be stamped & located on the faceplate of the receptacle. Is the receptacle 3 or 4 prong?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it's been grounded. It was relocated to an older home. It's a 10-30R

I think the manufacturer wired the dryer wrong cause it's black red white inside

Thank you for the replies.

1) Do you mean the dryer cord connection located at the rear of the dryer does not have the white neutral wire terminated to the middle screw terminal?

2) The middle wire on the cord is the neutral wire and the 2 outside wires on the cord are the hots. The cord middle wire (neutral) needs to terminate to the middle screw terminal on the dryer terminal block.

Refer to the diagram shown below:

graphic

3) A 10-30R receptacle does not contain a ground wire, it only contains 2 hots and 1 neutral. You need a small piece of 10 AWG Green insulated wire to jumper from the middle screw terminal to the green ground screw located on the dryer frame.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

INSIDE DRYER - DUMB Manufacturer

BLACK RED WHITE NOT BLACK WHITE RED OR RED WHITE BLACK

Don't worry about the RECEPTACLE...its FINE is exactly like it should be

But since the Manufacture F-UP inside the Dryer.. cause us to F...UP

RED Wire is burned.

Thanks for the replies.

Do you want me to transfer your question over to one of our appliance experts then? Sounds like an internal problem on the red wire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is that a different charge.

Nope, same price that you originally provided on your initial deposit.

I will opt out of the question and send it over to our appliance experts and they can better assist you.

No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once an appliance expert picks up your question.

Take care for now.......Thanks..........Kevin!