Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a GE profile induction range. It is less than 3 years

Customer Question

I have a GE profile induction range. It is less than 3 years old and has been working great. All of a sudden today it starting beeping and saying "badlinebad". We hadn't used it all day, and it was working normally yesterday.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dave. Do you have a meter to test voltage? Are any burners working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a voltage meter. The range wasn't in use when it happened. Nothing is working now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tried turning the breaker on and off. The lights flashed, the clock came up and blinked for a few seconds, but then I got the "badlinebad" error again. It's been on the same plug for 2.5 years and it was working fine.
Okay, we can still try something. If you have circuit breakers go find the one for the cooktop and turn it off and on several times. If it was partially tripped this will reset it. Let me know what happens.