MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

There...I have an LG model LMX28988st that won't dispense

Customer Question

Hi there...I have an LG model LMX28988st that won't dispense ice. I can sometimes get it to work for a second or two but, that's it. The ice tray fills up fine, and the water dispenses just fine also. Have suggestions? THANKS
Dennis.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
This will certainly take some investigation to solve. You will need and know how to use a voltmeter. I may want to do this live as typing out every detail is not going to be a wise use of time in case you need a lot of detail. So, post back if you are so equipped.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi...I really don't think that's a voltage problem.....fooling around with it last night, it sounded like a machine gun. Like maybe a gear is missing some teeth?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Now you are giving me a much better picture of what is happening instead of saying it works for just seconds. The gear motor could well be stripped out then. take off the bucket, hold in the door switch and grab the drive bar when you actuate the dispenser. If you can hold it and this makes all sorts of noise then it has stripped out inside.