Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Maytag Gemini model MER6769BAQ do not have the manual can't use o

Customer Question

maytag Gemini model MER6769BAQ do not have the manual can't use oven says it is locked don't know how to unlock.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 1 year ago.
I will be glad to help you with your question today. Please tell me all the things you had done on your machine prior to asking your question.
Thankyou.
Is the oven door stuck closed or does the clock just say "Locked" ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
controlled locked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both oven doors open and close
If the doors are not locked closed but the clock is indicating that they are locked, you have a bad lock sensor switch. You will have to replace it. Try placing the oven into a clean cycle and see if the door locks and it starts to clean. Then cancel the clean cycle and the door should unlock and hopefully the switch was just stuck.If that does not correct the problem, you will have to replace the lock mechanism
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you tried to start clean said the same thing controlled locked
So, it says locked even with the door open?
You need to start the clean and then "cancel" the process to see if the switch will reset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I tried doing clean than cancel but still didn't work still says locked with door open I will have to call service
Yes, removing the locks on that oven is a challenging job for a noviceYou need to remove the side panels of the oven to get at the locksI wish you had a problem with a little easier to fix so I could have help ed you out a little more with it, but this is as far as I can go online with you.May I ask that you please rate my help is positive for JA todayIt is the only way I will get compensated for my time with youThank you very much for giving me the opportunity to try to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wish there was a easier solution but happy I know the problem.
Yes , at least you will know if a service tech comes to you house and tells you that you need an expensive clock, you will had a leg up on the diagnosis. I am always surprised what people tell me about their experiences with repair people. There are many in business that should not be even attempting some of the repairs they charge for.I just had a customer that called me over on a follow-up service call on her refrigerator. She call the guys because he only charged $35 for the service call. By the time he was done he broke the control console and drilled holes thru the air damper in an attempt to make the air flow properly into the food section.It still did not work when he was done and he ruined $180 in parts and charged her $280 for the work and wanted cash!!!Within 5 minutes of getting there, I discovered the problem was just frost build-up in the air duct feeding the food section. Make sure you deal with a reputable company. At least one that has a nice lettered truck and wears some kind of uniform. Not blue jeans and tennis shoes. May I ask that you please rate my help is positive for JA todayIt is the only way I will get compensated for my time with you