Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

My maytag top loader is about 25 years old and works great

Customer Question

my maytag top loader is about 25 years old and works great until last week. It agitates verrry slowly and spins barely.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 1 year ago.
Take the front panel off the washer and lubricate the motor mount with some light oil or spray lubricant.Tip the washer up against the wall and pull off the two belts on the bottom.The motor is on a sliding carriage and needs to move back and forth freely. Check the condition of the belts for any wear and replace them if neededThe part number for the belt set is 12002425
here is a video of the belts click here
here is a video showing the motor mount.You don't need to take it apart as the video shows. Just oil the wheels so it move back and forth freely.click here
Did yo have any questions about your washer. today?
.
If you have been satisfied with my help and have no further questions for me, may I please ask that you rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars or the Smiley Face to rate me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today.
Your deposit is not payment for answering your question and you are on the honor system for rating my help and it is the only way JA will compensate me for my time with you.
Once you rate my answer, you will then be locked into your question and you can continue asking follow-up questions if you still need assistance.