Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

COUNTER TOP LIGHTS WON'T BURN ON EITHER SIDE. IS THERE A POWER

Customer Question

COUNTER TOP LIGHTS WON'T BURN ON EITHER SIDE. IS THERE A POWER SUPPLY TO THE LIGHTS ON KITCHEN AID MICROWAVE KHMS2056SBL-0 THAT MAY BE FUSED? IF THERE IS WHERE IS THE FUSE?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The power comes directly from the power relay board on the P58 connector. If the bulbs were replaced without unplugging the microwave, the triac on the control board was damaged and the board will need to be replaced.
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Board-Relay/8206493/1200913?rcaid=1000054
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bulbs were changed and burned for a few days but one was significantly brighter than the other leading me to beleive I was given the wrong bulb. Unfortunately I didn't look at the package nor do I still have the bulb or package, I had my wife pick it up at Lowes and just assumed it was correct. How do I trouble shoot the circuit board? Should I be able to read the voltage or continuity on the bulb receptacles when I toggle the light switch?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The only way to test the voltage would be to access the bulb sockets or the wires attached to them. Looking at a wiri9ng diagram for a similar model, there may be a small 500 mA fuse on the brown wire from the main fuse. If there is one in that model, it will be in a very small plastic holder. The fuse will be quite small, about the size of one used in a string of Christmas lights.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS SO MUCH. I WILL LOOK FOR IT.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, keep me posted!