Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a interkool 600 made by vintage keeper 12 years old . temperture sensor has to be r

Customer Question

i have a interkool 600 made by vintage keeper 12 years old . temperture sensor has to be recalibrated on a weekly basis . the ununit still cools great but not holding set temp but for several days .i have temp probe that came with unit in air . it extends from unit about 3 feet .
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is made by vintage keeper . the temperature sensor which is on a 3 foot cord extends from the unit and control board . . i can recalibrate it but it need to be reset after several days . either too cold or warm . refrigeration is fine. my model is from about 2000 and is known as interkool 600 (tuscany wine cooling system) or koolspace 600. i called company and they said they do not have control board and that each year the control board was different and can not fix or send replacement parts . they did not make it but bought the parts . they would not tell me the vendor they bought from but the womani spoke to did the ordering . .
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue you are having is likely due to one of two issues. Since the sensors work on resistance, there could be a connection issue in the sensor circuit. Or, the electronic control may be having issues. I would start by accessing the controller and removing the connections and cleaning them all and making sure they are secure when replacing to the control. Make sure there are no tight bends or coils in the wiring. Does the behavior change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if that does not work can this be repaired by somebody in my zip code 10510 ??without original parts ???
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The board specs and design are proprietary and are not made available. It will not be able to be repaired.