Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

On my Jennaire side-by-side refrigerator/freezer model

Customer Question

On my Jennaire side-by-side refrigerator/freezer model #JSD2690HES the ice maker is stuck on the water setting. All three lights are on (water, crush and ice) but it only dispenses water and it won't switch to the ice or crush modes. I pulled out the ice
maker and cleaned out all the ice and turned the lever at the back if the freezer that turns the feed mechanism. I'm not sure if it's making ice yet. I dumped the ice about a half hour ago and put the lever down but it hasn't made any ice yet.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The dispenser control (number 17 in the diagram at the URL below) is probably going to need to be replaced.
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/0/00017491/680/900
Unplug the refrigerator for at least an hour. Any change when plugged back in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly... Thanks for your response. I unplugged it for about 90 minutes last night, plugged back in and no change. I'm pretty handy but I don't have a lot of experience with appliances. I did change the control board on my Jennaire dishwasher a couple of years ago and that went okay so I'm going to give this a shot. I found a factory refurbished board on ebay for $73, which seems pretty reasonable since the part normally sells for over $200.I've looked a a couple of videos but nothing specific to this model. Do you have access to a service manual or something that would show me how to remove the front panel on this model?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet! Please allow me just a few minutes to upload it for you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The manual is available below! CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it...thanks. I'll take a look and let you know if I have any other questions.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, thank you! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have much time today but tomorrow I thought I would do a dry run on this without the new control board, maybe just to unseat and reseat any connectors and see if there's any obvious problems. I also need to order a new touch pad because there are numerous cracks in it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Good idea, you shouldn't have any trouble.