Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Whirlpool Gold ice maker that has a flashing cleaning

Customer Question

We have a Whirlpool Gold ice maker that has a flashing cleaning light. We obtained the proper cleaning fluid and used it twice. Each time thought situation was resolved because we got a little ice but then the cleaning light came on again each time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! How many flashes between pauses?
The “Cleaning” LED flashes off/on for two 1 second flashes: The bin thermistor is not sensed
The “Cleaning” LED flashes off/on for five 1 second flashes: Evap. thermistor is not sensed
NOTE: If the LED is flashing in 1/2 second intervals, look for an evaporator thermistor
that has not reached 52°F.