Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We just reinstalled a 7 year old U-2175RFS and it worked for

Customer Question

We just reinstalled a 7 year old U-2175RFS and it worked for a few days. Now it won't cool and the controls work intermittantly
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the controls are intermittent, that is likely the cause of the cooling issue as well. The control assembly will probably need to be replaced. Can you please post any additional numbers form the model tag?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A photo is attached
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The part for that model is available below. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the circuit board easily replaced or do I need a tech to do that?
That's an expensive part for an old refer. What are other possibilities for the cause of the problem? We're getting an error code "Er 1" sometimes.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I do believe the control is at fault. It is not real easy to replace, there is a good deal of disassembly required. Given the cost of the part, it may be wise to have it professionally repaired or maybe even look at replacing the whole appliance with a newer, more efficient model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I'm better off going to a professional or replacing the entire unit what value does this service provide? What would be the value if I replaced the control and discovered that that isn't the cause of the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this the same part? Uline 68104-S Replacement Circuit Board Assembly by Uline Price: $194.69
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I believe so, yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and my previous question?