Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a Kenmore refrig that is out of warranty....no service

Customer Question

we have a Kenmore refrig that is out of warranty....no service contract....we leave it on all year....was leaking...tech told me to replace water filter as we are here seasonally...ice is collecting under the freezer drawer.....due to water on the floor, I shut off the water valve. Now we have some frost flakes in the freezer....the light just went out. I turned water back on...freezer says 0 degrees...I have ice maker back on.....suggestions ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
You have a clogged defrost drain line, you need to remove the back panel in the freezer and clear out the drain line under the evaporator. Defrost it and make sure the line is clear by using compressed air or a steamer. Once it is clear that will fix the issue. All I ask is please rate my service thanks!