John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Have a Thermador cooktop model PSC364GLZS that had a bad

Customer Question

have a Thermador cooktop model PSC364GLZS that had a bad potentiometer on the left rear burner, upon replacing it and checked it worked but when I tried to see if the front left burner worked, which did prior to the repair, it shorted something because
I heard a pop and also the left indicator light stayed on even after had burner knob on off position. I'm thinking perhaps both potentiometers have to be replaced at the same time and maybe the simmer control? also when tried the right burners the ignitors
stay on always even if the burners knobs are in the off position (but customer had always an issue with the right side burners ignitors) which leads me to believe that he also has a problem with the spark module. Thanks for your reply
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?
If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.
Thanks Rob