John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have Frigidaire side by side frig/freezer model

Customer Question

I have Frigidaire side by side frig/freezer model PHSC39EGSS0. The water and ice unit on the door has problems. Water side - the dispenser lever has s broken off. I believe I can fix that and have found the $78 part. The bigger problem is the ice dispenser. The dispenser lever will open the ice flap (which is number 30 on the schematic), but the ice flap does not close when I release the lever and ice continues to dispense.

I took apart the the unit and see that the water dispenser has spring loaded shut off.  If the ice dispenser is supposed to have a spring loaded shut off (one that WOULD be just to the left of the water shutoff spring) there is not a spring, perhaps it came off. ???

If it is not a spring, what operates the ice dispensing shut off?

How do I fix it?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?

If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.

Thanks Rob