Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Please help me problem with GE

Customer Question

Please help me for my problem with GE Dehumidifier, Model ADEL70LRL1 which I bought on April 15, 2014 at Home Depot, Fairfax, VA.
I didn't use it during winter, kept unplugged in the basement where it was used in summer 2014. I am trying to use it again without success. The fan and all operating pads are working all right but no water collected with only cool air from compressor. I started it by setting its humidity control pad to CO and the fan speed at LOW. However, the CO keeps to change to 65 in ^ pad. Please help. Thank you.
Oan
*********
**********
***********
************
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the compressor is running, the refrigerant system has a leak. This is a major repair and one that will cost more than replacing the machine. This unit only has a year warranty so, unless GE will agree to take care of it, I would replace it, if you find the compressor is running.