Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MY GE PROFILE CONVECTION WALL OVEN (CIRCA 1992-93) IS HAVING

Customer Question

MY GE PROFILE CONVECTION WALL OVEN (CIRCA 1992-93) IS HAVING SENSOR PROBLEMS AND BEEPING WITH F2 and F4 APPEARING. I HAVE CALLED AN APPLICANCE TECHNICIAN AND UNFORTUNELY THE MODEL NUMBER HAS BEEN ERASED OVER THE YEARS. DO YOU HAVE A MODEL NUMBER FOR THAT PARTICULAR OVEN? THE SERVICEMAN SAYS HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIX IT BUT WITHOUT THE MODEL NUMBER THERE IS NO CHANCE.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the tag is removed, there is no way of looking up the actual model number unless you have the manual and it's listed on the manual. Other than that, for this issue it's not that big of a deal, you just need to replace the oven sensor. Oven sensors for GE are somewhat generic because they all read 1080 ohms at room temperature. The difference is the actual plug in piece on the back of the oven. But if the plug in that comes with the sensor isn't correct, just cut the wires and use wire nuts to splice the sensor into the existing wire. The only 2 things that would cause your problem are the oven sensor or the control board and the control board is no longer made anyways being that old so that's not really an option to repair the oven if the control board is bad. Below is a link to a cheap $15 oven sensor which is generic for GE. If it plugs in then great, if not then just cut the wires and use ceramic wire nuts to wire it in place
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?