Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My refrigerator is not making ice. it is a LG top double door

Customer Question

my refrigerator is not making ice. it is a LG top double door and freezer is bottom to drawers. what should my refri. be set on. my fre. does not keep my food frozen makes a humming sound
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sounds like you have a cooling issue and not just an ice maker issue. The setting should be roughly 0 in the freezer and 37-8 in the refrigerator. If the temp in the freezer is not close to 0, you could have a freon/compressor issue or a defrost problem. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my refrigerator is making a humming noise- should I unpluge it. my food is almost deforsted
Yes, it's not cooling. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you